Wednesday, April 29, 2009

James Cuénod's Newsletter 2009-04-29

James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To those
interested who are dispersed abroad: Greetings. Grace to you and peace
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Well, this term certainly hasn't started slowly despite the myth about
public holidays (last Wednesday we had lectures before lunch and were off
only after lunch to vote). I've handed in a small Worldviews assignment, a
Philosophy essay and done a Philosophy test, in addition I wrote my Greek
1A exam. That was just today...

Greek 1A was tougher than I anticipated but I anticipated something much
simpler than was really fair to expect. I did last year's past paper (the
rewrite) and I finished it in about 10 minutes (we have an allotted time
of 2 hours). It went reasonably well though.

This past Sunday I was able to go and hear John Blanchard preach at Tokai
Community Church in the evening, his topic was "Does God Believe in
Atheists?". It was much better than his talk that I went to in Joburg
entitled "Where Do We Go From Here?". I still would like to hear the one
that he presented at Honeyridge though so I plan on downloading the mp3s.

It seems, having spoken to Mark Dickson, that my ministry placement is in
sight so keep that in your prayers but hopefully it will be set by the end
of next week.

I can't remember whether or not I mentioned my plans last time to join the
Evangelism class... That plan has come through so I am now doing it on
Thursday afternoons.

The public holidays have been a nice relief from the amount of work we
were suddenly given at the beginning of this term and I've managed to get
some extra reading done. I read "God's Smuggler" last week (about Brother
Andrew; a missionary who smuggled Bibles into closed, communist countries
like China, Bulgaria, East Berlin etc.), it is well worth the read. Work
is picking up though so my plans for "Tortured For Christ" are falling by
the wayside a bit.

That's about all I can think of right now. Thanks, once again, for all
your support. Please pray that my ministry placement is really sorted out
in the next week and that I use my time this term wisely and well. Also,
that I keep in focus the point and purpose of my studies here.

Thank you all.

In Christ,
James Cuénod


--
James, a bondslave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment