Saturday, March 14, 2009

James Cuénod's Newsletter 2009-03-14

James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To those
interested who are dispersed abroad: Greetings. Grace to you and peace
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

My last newsletter seems to have been so recent that I really can't think
of much news. I attended MCC again last Sunday; the service was good, our
principal preached from Hebrews. I must say, I really enjoy good ol'
exposition - verse by verse - which doesn't seem too common here. Tomorrow
I'll hopefully be going to Tokai (I say hopefully because quite often it
seems that these things are only definitely going to happen once they
actually materialise and you're on the way there).

I've had some time to relax in this past week and last night I went to one
of the college couple's res house for supper with a couple of other res
students. The workload is still quite heavy but I think I've got a
reasonable routine down now (at least I should hope I do after over month
here).

A lot of the guys at res (myself included) are now looking forward to
going home this April now that we are past the halfway mark. That's not to
say I'm no longer enjoying college; I'm still learning a lot and I'm
really loving it.

As far as prayer requests go: I just want to settle into a church here now
so that I can get involved so please would you pray that I am assigned a
church during the coming week (I plan to try to get the ball rolling a bit
- it seems that a number of the students who are not already involved in
churches down here - because they live here - knew churches in the area
and had contact with them; the apprenticeship thing in CESA seems to
assist in that area). Other than that though, just that my spiritual life
would grow at least as fast as my knowledge does.

Thank you, once again, for your support!

In Christ,
James Cuénod

--
James, a bondslave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment